Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

Didn’t I ask you once to take me far away?


Much has been happening in my little world.  At least for me it's a lot.  Changes and uncertainty. Hoping end of the world may be near. I ’ve been killing myself with work these days. I always feel a day of no work is simply not enough to mend from all the stress and pressure. I missed my usual blogging. I haven’t written any article to be posted. Every time I feel compelled to write something, I’m always too tired to put ideas into words.

These days I feel like to go somewhere far, far away I am feeling under the endure for  days now, and dreaming I am somewhere else. I want to lie down on a boat in fine weather and watch the clouds as they pass by, much like what Rousseau wrote in “Reveries of a Solitary Walker”:

"If there is a state where the soul can find a resting-place secure enough to establish itself and concentrate its entire being there, with no need to remember the past or reach into the future, where time is nothing to it, where the present runs on indefinitely but this duration goes unnoticed, with no sign of the passing of time, and no other feeling of deprivation or enjoyment, pleasure or pain, desire or fear than the simple feeling of existence, a feeling that fills our soul entirely, as long as this state lasts, we can call ourselves happy, not with a poor, incomplete and relative happiness such as we find in the pleasures of life, but with a sufficient, complete and perfect happiness which leaves no emptiness to be filled in the soul."

Somewhere, Far Away” is a name for a place where everything is nicer and shinier. I would be running down the streets in jammies. Where the lights all around me are like fairy lights. I would live somewhere east, where muted earth shades. Millions of bacteria I would hold in my hands after touching public utilities–but what the heck.

Islands, beaches and oceans.  The waves will know of me as i walk on the shore and think monochromatic blue scenes… I would have my own “mysterious” address and it is lovely:

[S]
123C Unknown St.
Somewhere, Far Away
00000

That would be my address. Somewhere, Far Away slight smell of jasmine… of newly turned soil… of children running through lines.

Why I want to go somewhere far away? Do you remember? 

No comments:

Post a Comment